There are many ways that you can take action to help give animals a voice in Harrisburg and ultimately change the laws to better protect them.
- Contact and get to know your Legislators. Click here to find your state legislator. Use email, snail mail, the telephone, or make a personal appointment to see your legislators. Click here for a list of current legislation and here for tips on how to effectively lobby them.
- Join the Humane PA e-mail list to stay informed.
- Write a Letter to the Editor
- Table at local events to help engage others.
- Vote! Your vote can make a difference for animals. We need to elect leaders with the courage of their convictions to bring animal votes to the floor and want to remind everyone the importance of not only voting, but electing true leaders for the animal vote. Please be sure you are registered to vote in Pennsylvania, and vote in every single election so that we “Give Animals A Voice in Harrisburg!”
- Join Humane PA PAC. In order to be a stronger voice for animals, it is time for the animal vote to not only flex its political muscle by volunteer foot soldiers, but by also financially supporting candidates who are leaders in the fight to pass stronger bills to protect animals. By making a contribution to the all volunteer Humane PA PAC you will be joining with a team of other dedicated individuals combining their financial resources into a single impact fund to support animal friendly candidates. People who oppose us contribute – it is time for us to also!
- Organize a Pawlitics Happy Hour! Happy Hours have proven to be very effective ways to not only raise funds for a great cause, but also to meet like-minded advocates, host your local legislators to speak to your group, raise local awareness of the animal vote and to have fun!
- Recruit others to take action! There are hundreds of thousands of individuals who believe that treating animals inhumanely is wrong and they are willing to support bills to end cruelty to animals. If we join together, we can overcome the opposition of extremist organizations that constantly urge legislators to continue to allow cruel acts against animals in Pennsylvania, such as protecting puppy mills, canned hunts, and the use of live animals for purely target practice.
Learn more about how to lobby effectively, what you can do in 2 minutes to help animals, how to table to educate and recruit others to get political for animals, use Facebook and social media to give animals a stronger voice in Harrisburg!