Welcome to our Furry Friday weekly update! Every Friday we provide updates on animal legislation, campaigns and elections, as well as noteworthy news and events. If you would like to receive this blog directly in your inbox, please click the “Follow” button on the right hand side of this page to stay up to date.
An exciting week for the animal vote!
- Rep. John Evans persevered with HB 165, the Service Dog bill, it heads to the House on June 4th for concurrence and then hopefully on to Gov. Corbett for his signature, more about this at the Philly Dawg
We would like to thank Rep. Evans for his hard work on this bill and wanted to share with you a quote from Jennifer Warsing Hampton, whose service dog was a victim of an attack by another dog. Her heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who helped to pass this bill:
- the Humane PA Scorecard is now updated – reflecting Senate votes on HB 165
- the Exotics Bill, HB 1398 was re-referred to appropriations this week and will hopefully be up for a vote soon
Campaigns and Election update:
- the Humane PA Candidate Survey is now available for any candidate who seeks our endorsement for the fall election, please forward the link and have your candidate take the survey to be considered for endorsement
- The Animal Rescue League of Berks County invited Humane PA to be part of their weekly tv show to let voters know how they can impact animal welfare legislation, check out the video here: ARL of Berks County