Welcome to our end of the week wrap-up! Every Friday we will provide updates on animal legislation, campaigns and elections, as well as noteworthy news and events, in case you missed anything on our Facebook page during the week. If you would like to receive this blog directly in your inbox, please click the “Follow” button on the right hand side of this page to stay up to date.
- PA Rep. Todd Stephens will be introducing a new anti-cruelty bill that will ban the possession of items used for illegal dog or cockfighting, such as knives, gaffes, etc. He is seeking cosponsors for this important piece of legislation to help animals. Please ask your Representative to cosponsor the Stephens animal fighting bill. You can find your Representative here.
- The legislature is expected to only be in session for another week before breaking for summer because it looks like budget agreement has been reached and we will switch posts to more candidate news.
- The Humane PA Scorecard is now updated
Campaigns and Election update:
- the Humane PA Candidate Survey is now available for any candidate who seeks our endorsement for the fall election, please forward the link and have your candidate take the survey to be considered for endorsement
News and Events:
- The PA Department of Agriculture is reminding all dog owners to purchase a 2012 dog license as required by Pennsylvania law. It’s the fastest way to make sure your dog is returned to you should he ever become lost.
- Save the Date! Please join us for a Party for Pawlitics! July 19th – Pittsburgh, special guest Sarah Speed, candidate for the 47th PA House District.
*Volunteers needed – if you are interested in becoming more involved with Humane PA, we are looking for Coordinators to help spread the word about animal welfare legislation and electing humane candidates. Please complete our volunteer survey and one of our Directors will get back to you.