Welcome to our Furry Friday weekly update! Every Friday we provide updates on animal legislation, campaigns and elections, as well as noteworthy news and events. If you would like to receive this blog directly in your inbox, please click the “Follow” button on the right hand side of this page to stay up to date.
Another exciting week for the animal vote!
- the Service Dog bill HB 165 successfully passed the House on concurrence and is on it’s way to Governor Corbett for his signature! Thank you to all who worked on this bill, especially Jennifer Warsing Hampton and her service dog, Hattie.
- Sen. Alloway introduced SB 1527 Cost of Care bill – An Act providing for actions for costs of care of seized animals in cruelty cases
Campaigns and Election Update:
- The Humane PA Candidate Survey is now available for any candidate who seeks our endorsement for the fall election, please forward the link and have your candidate take the survey to be considered for endorsement.
- Girl Scout Troop #80934 in Shippensburg will visit the Capitol next week to meet with Sen. Alloway regarding their Silver Award Project dealing with petitions for pieces of legislation that address animal cruelty issues. They still need signatures on each petition, please help them achieve their goal and sign here.
- In honor of celebrating exceeding 20,000 followers on Facebook, Humane PA is offering our new t-shirt as a thank-you gift to anyone who makes a donation of $25 or more. Thank you all for helping us reach this milestone and for all you do for the animals. Use code: “T-shirt” and indicate size: M, L, or XL.